Week Notes - Week 40
I had no basketball this week due to the injury I sustained on my shooting hand two weeks ago. I did however contact my GP about it this week who recommeded I have an x-ray to check for a potential fracture as there's still swelling on my hand and it's still causing pain. As I chose not to go straight to A&E when I did injure my hand, the results of the x-ray have gone back to my GP so I will hopefully find out next week exactly what I've done.
I watched Brighton lose 1-0 against Spurs at the Amex. It was a shame we were not able to get more from Roberto De Zerbi's first home game, one defensive mistake proving the decisive factor. There were glimpses of De Zerbi's methods being imposed on the team, encouraging the opposition to press Brighton players causing groans and shouts of "just clear it" or "get rid of it" coming from the home fans. Brighton games will certainly be more exciting that's for sure.
A reminder that people are only human this week, as mastodon.technology is being shut down. Unlike social networks where the servers are ran by companies, most mastodon servers are ran by individuals who are not on-call 24 hours a day to resolve any issues or being paid to maintain the server. Unsurprisingly, these servers can be shut down at any time as they are essentially a side-project for the maintainers. The major benefit of mastodon being part of the fediverse (federated social networks) is that I can move my account to any other mastodon server. So this week I moved my account from mastodon.technology to indieweb.social which also automatically moved all my followers to my new account.
I've been able to spend some time gaming on my PS5 this week. At the moment, this has mostly consisted of playing career mode on FIFA 23 but I'm looking forward to playing more games that take advantage of the controller's haptic feedback and dynamic resistance.
What has changed on this site:
- I updated the link to my mastodon profile in the site's footer and updated the code to PESOS my mastodon posts.
What I've been reading:
- I didn't read any of The Apollo Murders by Chris Hadfield this week.
What I've been watching:
- Episode 8 of She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (2022).
- Episode 12, episode 13, episode 14 and episode 15 of Welcome to Wrexham (2022).
- Episode 5 in Season 6 of Rick and Morty.
- Episode 5 of Star Wars: Andor.
- Episode 6 and episode 7 in The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (2022).
- Episode 3, episode 4, episode 5 and episode 6 of Sherwood (2022).