2023 Week Notes - Week 24
I got angry at Gran Turismo 7. I haven't played the game much, but it feels like every time I want to play it, the servers go down. Shouldn't be a problem if you want to play single player, except this game requires a connection to the server to play the campaign mode. Pretty much means I can't play at all if the game's servers have gone offline. I've learned my lesson and won't be buying another game that requires an internet connection at all times.
Still wanting to play on the PlayStation, I uninstalled Gran Turismo 7 and installed Mortal Kombat 11. I had briefly played Mortal Kombat 11 on Google Stadia before it shut down so I was slightly familiar with the controls. The balance of gameplay and cut scenes feels very uneven though. I spent some time playing Star Wars Jedi: Survivor too, which I felt I'd neglected since I started playing Tears of the Kingdom.
I managed to clear some tasks off my to-do list that I had been avoiding. There wasn't really a reason avoiding them. It's strange how small tasks can feel really big sometimes.
I found it difficult to add to the notes this week. I've been writing the notes at the end of the week, but I find that I then spend hours trying to recall what I actually did that week.
What has changed on this site:
- I split the JSON file containing the design tokens for this site into separate files. This way, each token category (colours, spacing, font-sizes) all have their own file.
- Mastodon posts now have some styling applied to them. Each post now has a border, and the timestamp and site that the post was created on are now aligned to the right.
- When I cleared the build cache last week, some of the book covers changed and the number of pages a book had were undefined. I changed a couple of the ISBNs for books that I read as e-books (since e-books don't have an ISBN), so that the covers matched the copy of the book I read. I also copied the number of pages the book has into the frontmatter for the file about that book.
- I noticed that I had been adding
What I've been reading:
- A couple of issues from Avengers: The Kang Dynasty Omnibus by Kurt Busiek. Roughly half way through now.