Week Notes - Week 29
It's been an exciting one this week. There's some things I can share now and some things that I'm going to have to wait a while before publishing.
I had another basketball session this week which happened to be on the hottest day of the year so far. Thankfully, the temperature had cooled slightly by the evening so we weren't playing in 30°C heat (which was still cooler than in other parts of the UK). I felt a little less rusty this week and was able to make some shots, but with 27 players at the session court time was limited so my stamina wasn't exactly tested.
On Thursday, I went to Brighton beach to see Fatboy Slim headline the On The Beach festival. Marked as the celebration of 20 years since Big Beach Boutique 2 (which 250,000 people attended), this gig was significantly smaller but had just as much excitement built up about it. It was a great day out.
I spent some time working on this site this week too. There were some pain points in getting my development environment set-up but most of those seem to have been fixed now.
What has changed on this site:
- I refactored the template that I use for the home page so that the static text is now in a markdown file.
- I added my social media content from Twitter and Mastodon into the Journal page by pulling in the data from the Twitter and Mastodon APIs. I can now use a Publish Elsewhere, Syndicate on my Own Site (PESOS) approach to sharing content.
- I've added sections to the Journal page. You can now filter based on if the post is an article, a social media post or a summary post (like week notes).
- Netlify graph appears to be really unstable in my development environment and is no longer working in production. I'm not sure if this to do with me changing my laptop or if there are changes made on the Netlify end (I do see a lot of new integrations that randomly appear in the GraphQL explorer). Minor annoyance though, just means I can't show my last played track from Spotify.
What I've been reading:
- I read a chapter of Dark Matter by Blake Crouch this week.